Radio silence March 8, 2013

  

I got careless and clicked on an icon to become her friend on Facebook from a site that had allowed me to access some of her postings.

It was something had had been concerned about previously because on the small screen the icon to log out was near where the friend icon was, and I clicked on the second when I meant to click on the first.

Dr. Thomas would dispute my claim of this being an accident, maintaining that I had some unconscious desire to reveal myself to her, perhaps in the vain hope she might have forgiven me my past transgressions.

If so, it was a vain hope, even unconsciously, which became evident when my handheld device ceased having access it had had the day before, although I still had access that night on another computer – only to become completely cut off by morning.

While I haven’t had access to her inner realm (those parts of her page accessible only to those she accepted as friend), she had displayed enough information on her public page to allow me to read some of the poems and see some of the photographs she posted there.

The accident resulted in her shutting down even these things down in an apparent knee jerk reaction, suggesting she did not know I had been following her, or as punishment for my violating some unspoken taboo by making the accidental request.

This was by far worse than a month ago when she discovered that we were still connected via my alternate Facebook account through a mutual friend, and she blocked that account.

She apparently discovered the accidental friend request either late at night or early in the morning and did not have time to react properly until she got back from work where she began to dismantle her front page to provide the least amount of information possible.

I didn’t discover the reason for the shut down until much later when I realized I had made the request, by which time it was too late to take the request back. I had done exactly what I had vowed not to do, confirming something she only may have suspected, thus springing the trap on myself.

With the damage already done, I did the only thing I could do, I shut down the alternative Facebook page after stripping it of all relevant information, hoping she had not thought to take a screenshot of the request to add to body of “evidence” she had collected over the summer.

If nothing else, this will feed her paranoia, and act as proof to her friends that she wasn’t wrong about me.

She, of course, won’t shut down her site, needing it as a valuable tool to keep her connected with other people. But this incident will likely piss her off because it limits the information, she can post for other people to read or see.

It will be curious to see how long she can maintain radio silence and bring the site back on line – at least, minimally.

But the incident exposes me in an uncomfortable way, even though she may not know how to read it.

Why on earth would I be so bold as to ask to be her Facebook friend, when I know she already hates me.

Dr. Thomas is turning over in his grave.

 

     2012 menu


email to Al Sullivan

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The accidental thief

Waking up to Obama Wednesday, January 04, 2012

A crowning achievement March 12, 2013