A man in a fog July 26, 2012

 The male owner has picked up a new habit during the weekly staff meetings he hadn’t had previously, checking his cell phone’s messaging app -- more so this week and I wonder if it has anything to do with her not being at the meeting.

She was out on some assignment she had discussed with him earlier and perhaps texted him to keep him apprised of her progress.

Looking back to earlier this year, his behavior mirrors mine from back then, as if he’s anxious for the next message to arrive, regardless of what it says.

He seemed very distracted by it, even to the point of missing what we reported and forcing him to have us repeat what we said.

Having read the synopsis of my journal, he should have had fair warning and found a way to avoid the fog I walked around in – but clearly, he seems as out of touch as I was at that stage.

A few times during the meeting, I found him staring hard at me, as if trying to read something from my expression, or perhaps he feels a bit threatened.

I never mentioned by suspicions about him in my report to him and his partner, also leaving out the stuff Tom told me about in regard to RR. But there was enough detail about me, she, the former temporary boss for the owner to put two and two together for himself.

He is not a stupid man even if he is walking around in a stupor.

Maybe there is nothing to any of this at all, his fog due to some other issue such as an illness in the family, and his constant checking of his messages waiting to learn the latest news.

I do get the feeling he has had second thoughts about the whole affair, perhaps thinking maybe he should have accepted my offer to resign.

This is not the first time someone on the staff has been accused of stalking. One former writer was so caught up with a very pretty woman from graphics he could not keep himself from hanging around her, a non-stop one-man fan club that forced her to complain to management and eventually contributed to his getting fired.

Perhaps my being so upfront about the whole thing, giving him and his partner a full explanation as to what transpired kept them from doing to me what they did to that other writer. Perhaps this owner could not afford to raise suspicions about himself if he pushed too hard against me – leading me to believe that if he finds cause in the future, I will be terminated, too.

I’m puzzled as to why he and his partner did not call her in to hear her half of the story. Or has he already heard it? If so, would she push him to find some excuse to remove me?

Since my meeting with the two owners, he has been much cooler towards me, even somewhat hostile.

Yet, not openly hostile, perhaps wondering just what I suspect about him, and whether or not she told me something about him. Very unlikely, yet in this den of thieves, where everybody is betraying everybody else, anything may seem possible to a man in a fog like him.

  2012 menu


email to Al Sullivan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking control Aug. 2, 2012

Reflections of Coelho March 2, 2013

Forgiveness is not possible July 13, 2012