Walking on Egg Shells July 27, 2012

  

It’s hard to read the situation as the main office, or how accurate my assessment of what transpires there.

But silence is golden when it comes to my survival.

The owner is suspicious, and I can’t tell whether he thinks he made a mistake by not firing me or he has something to hide – and thinks I know more than a really do about it.

What goes on in his head, however, remains a mystery, but something I have to be wary of. I do not want to give him any excuse to fire me – and he seems to be looking for one.

Whether on his own reckoning or on behalf of someone else.

There’s no way to find out either. Even the office gossips aren’t trustworthy when it comes to him. He is a closed book he lets nobody read. The gossips only tell me they are puzzled about why he is acting so strange. When I describe it as a fog, they agree.

Nobody can go to the other owner to ask questions. Even if she’s noticed his peculiar behavior, she isn’t going to divulge her suspicions to any of us.

The gossips say she’s unhappy with him, and that the two owners hardly speak except when business depends on it.

I dare not ask my boss because not only won’t she give me a straight answer but will want to know why I want to know.

As said earlier, she knows more about the intimate goings on in this place than anybody, which is why I suspect her of feeding GA’s blog. But even those items that appear there only hint and never explain.

It’s like walking on egg shells, some of which are filled with dynamite, not knowing if the next step will be my last.


email to Al Sullivan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking control Aug. 2, 2012

Reflections of Coelho March 2, 2013

Forgiveness is not possible July 13, 2012