More about yesterday. June 29, 2012

  

I can’t make out what went on at the main office. I tried to ignore her. But it almost seems as if she can’t stand people ignoring her, even me, at least, in person.

When I first came in, nobody was around. She apparently arrived while I was seated at my desk and was at the other end of the building hobnobbing with Jay and the other sales people. She seems to feel comfortable with them and may even be at the bar tonight where Jay will be playing bartender.

I had planned to show up there with my wife after the movie, just to show I’m not afraid to be out and about in public.

I left the office for coffee when I saw the owner come in and saw her on the curb talking to the owner. I said hello to him, but not to her.

Later, I went up to the third floor to talk to our former temporary boss. I didn’t notice her reaction because I kept my back to her the whole time – although our former temporary boss kept looking past me and at her, perhaps in some visual means of communication I didn’t catch the meaning of.

Since she has told him all about her stalker from New York, I wondered if she has also confided in him about her trouble with me.

Still later, when I talked to the receptionist, I also kept my back to her, heard her snort and then stomp on passed me, indignantly.

On Thursday, when she was struggling to get copy before she left on an extended weekend, I sent her a press release dealing with one of her towns via email. She responded back, “thanks,” even though later I found out she had also received the information. So, I’m assuming the “thanks” was being sarcastic or is it something else?

   2012 menu


email to Al Sullivan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Taking control Aug. 2, 2012

Reflections of Coelho March 2, 2013

Who needs a man when she has Netflix? Sunday, February 8, 2013